Franklin Academy Mission Statement: Utilizing a single-gender educational model, our mission is to create life-long learners by promoting a culture of high expectations while emphasizing character development and adhering to the principle that all children can learn.
Middle School Bell Schedule
Middle School Grading Scale
F-59% and below
Tests - 35%
Quizzes - 25%
Projects - 20%
Classwork - 20%
Classroom Wish List
Glue Sticks/Liquid Glue
Lysol Sanitizer Wipes
A Note from Mrs. Chaplin
As the 2nd quarter begins on Monday, October 23rd, we will end this first week Buddy/Mentor reading with kindergarten and first grade students. This is a once a month pairing of "Soaring Scholars" for us to build community and foster partnerships. The students are always a bit hesitant at first, but then they are surprised by how much fun they have!
Looking ahead this quarter, we will be learning/revisiting literary objectives such as point of view, theme, plot, suspense and character development to name a few. Digging into poetry and analyzing its form and structure. Evaluating argumentative texts and writing styles by using text evidence as support. Vocabulary, word work (prefixes, suffixes, root words, inflectional endings), figurative language, grammar, etc. Whew! Sounds like a lot, but we can do this. Together is always better. As I say to the students often, "Let's work smarter, not harder."
Thank you for the privilege of teaching your child - I learn more from them then they'll ever know.
- Students are expected to arrive on time and be prepared for class.
- DRINKS: Water is the ONLY drink allowed in class. Any other drink will be thrown away upon arrival to my classroom. Please see handbook for more information.
- While we are a "no-homework" school, students WILL finish any classwork that is undone at home. Extended day assignments are those assignments that cannot or were not completed in class.
- Absences: If students are absent, they are responsible for asking me what they missed in class. They will have the appropriate number of days to complete their assignment before it is considered late.
- Participation: Students who choose not to participate, turn in assignments or study for their tests will see this reflected on their grade. Conduct or behavior issues will be handled through the appropriate method as outlined in the school handbook.
- School dress code will be strictly enforced! Please be sure to arrive in class wearing the appropriate uniform. Don't know what that is? Click here.
"THE MORE that you READ, the more things you will KNOW. THE MORE that you Learn, the more places you'll GO."
Phone: (561) 348-2525
Fax: (561) 775-1899
5651 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418