Franklin Academy Mission Statement: Utilizing a single-gender educational model, our mission is to create life-long learners by promoting a culture of high expectations while emphasizing character development and adhering to the principle that all children can learn.
Middle School Bell Schedule
Lunch A 11:20-11:45AM
Lunch B 12:25-12:50PM
Middle School Grading Scale
F-59% and below
Tests - 35%
Quizzes - 25%
Projects - 20%
Classwork - 20%
2018-2019 Welcome Back!
Week of August August 20 - August 24, 2018
* ELA iReady Diagnostics - please bring headphones!
* Summer Reading (The Lightning Thief) Assignment due Friday, August 24th
* Book Chat and Question Session on The Lightning Thief
* 20 Book Challenge Conferences/Conversations
* Grammar Word Work - Contractions and Pronouns
* Informational Text passage, Soccer Speaks Many Languages
* Media Center Visit - Books, Books and more Books!
Week of August 13 - August 17, 2018
* Classroom Routines and Procedures
* Getting to Know Each Other Activity
* Student Interest Survey
* Setting-up Interactive ELA/Reading Notebook
* How Readers Choose Books
* The Rights of the Reader
- Students are expected to arrive on time and be prepared for class.
- DRINKS: Water is the ONLY drink allowed in class. Any other drink will be thrown away upon arrival to my classroom.
- While we are a "no-homework" school, students WILL finish any classwork that is undone at home. Extended day assignments are those assignments that cannot or were not completed in class.
- Absences: If students are absent, they are responsible for asking me what they missed in class. They will have the appropriate number of days to complete their assignment before it is considered late.
- Participation: Students who choose not to participate, turn in assignments or study for their tests will see this reflected on their grade. Conduct or behavior issues will be handled through the appropriate method as outlined in the school handbook.
- School dress code will be strictly enforced! Please be sure to arrive in class wearing the appropriate uniform.
"THE MORE that you READ, the more things you will KNOW. THE MORE that you Learn, the more places you'll GO."
Phone: (561) 348-2525
Fax: (561) 775-1899
5651 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418